Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
(02-13-2024, 04:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not sure. I looked for "independent" voters but no studies immediately popped up. I think enthusiasm and/or concern among independents will determine this election. If people consider the threat to democracy posed by Trump as significant, I think turn out will be good. If people have become numb to Trump and just think he and Biden are essentially the same, then turn out will probably be down, in which case Trump has a significantly better shot.

When I see guns and democracy ahead of inflation on such a list it's gonna set off warning bells.  

Quote:Coming out of the pandemic, we all knew inflation would be high, so they are down relative to 2021 and 2022. It's not propaganda. It's just what it is. Comparing Biden's term to Trump's term are apples to oranges.

Yeah, down from the higher levels, but not down from Trump.  Hence saying they're down is deliberately misleading, regardless of why. 

Quote:But your sentiment is correct in that people who would blame Biden for those high inflation numbers will definitely not be happy if they compare the inflation numbers from Biden's term to the inflation numbers from Trump's term.

Which is pretty much everyone.

Quote:My concern is not about whether Biden or Trump would have created a better inflation number as we recovered from the pandemic. That's dabbling in hypotheticals and imagination. My concern is the perception that Biden's inflation numbers will have on the voting public.

Oh, mine as well.  Hence my being highly skeptical of the single issue voter poll and its relevance.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-13-2024, 04:29 PM