Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North
(02-13-2024, 03:12 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Oh now the rust. If you're a Ravens fan, you could just as easily be sitting there saying it was their 2nd game in a new offensive system without playing in the pre-season games.

Their offense whooped our defense that game, regardless if you want to use the Burrow crutch which I think is severely over-emphasized in that game and folks have been living in a bit of an alternate reality when it comes to that game. For context, he played just as well in that game than he had played against the Mcdonald defense the previous year:

2022:
Game 1: 24/35, 217 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 6.2 Y/A
Game 2: 24/42, 215 yards, 1 td, 5.1 Y/A
Game 3: 23/32, 209 yards, 1 td, 6.5 Y/A

2022 Average: 23/36 213 ypg, 1 td, .33 int, 5.8 Y/A

2023 Game 1 "injured": 27/41, 222 yards, 2 tds, 1 int, 5.4 Y/A

He played basically exactly the same in that game as he did in the 3 games in the previous year but that doesn't fit the narrative.

I'm just not buying the "things would have been different, he wasn't healthy in that game" argument when it was 7.5 weeks after the injury, he didn't re-injure it until the last play he was on the field, and his performance was equal, if not better to his performances against that team the previous 3 games. The bad INT in the endzone had nothing to do with his calf.

Hey no problem I’ve got the game in my recordings and have watched it. I’m not looking at stats. I’m not using it as a complete excuse. Baltimore had an excellent team this year. I’m just not shaking in my boots like some all afraid of them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North - Soonerpeace - 02-13-2024, 04:53 PM