Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-13-2024, 06:33 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: At this point I'd be open to tagging him and trading him + our for for an earlier 1st and 2nd this year. I think a deal like that would open up a ton of possibilities for the Bengals to start building a new identity without Higgins.

We could either get a ton of good offensive linemen. Depending on how the draft goes and who takes the trade...Brock Bowers. Hell, we could even get an offensive lineman round 1, then use the earlier 2nd to get Xavier Worthy--Who could be better than Higgins--and then go from there.

(02-13-2024, 07:18 PM)pulses Wrote: And the bad thing about tagging him and letting him play this year is it could make his value even less if he gets hurt AGAIN in 2024. That's why you tag and trade him NOW because their will be several teams interested.

We traded Billy Price in 2021, before this the last time the Bengals traded a player that wasnt demanding out was in 1972. Tag and trade is not a common scenario in the league and thinking that it is the plan for the most conservative, vanilla front office in NFL history is wild to me. It isnt impossible, but Id be shocked if it was even an option.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - casear2727 - 02-13-2024, 08:46 PM