Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
Not even sure how I feel on the whole thing, but I actually caught a radio discussion about the Bengals today. The guy was mostly against tagging Tee, considering it eats too much cap space when what you need is people in other areas. he mentioned how we just watched the Chiefs go back to back and they were considered foolish getting rid of Hill. The explanation was an elite QB, like Mahomes, Burrow, Brady won't need to have multiple All-Pro receivers in order to win. Great WR will be great, even if double teamed. All that does is open up your other receivers to make a play, as this elite QB drops a dime into their hands. These kind of players can be found in the draft for cheap.

Retaining Tee likely means not drafting a WR earlier, so we go with what we have, with less money to spend in other places, and next year he can still be gone. Thought process is to "retain, retain, retain" when it comes to players, but there can be detrimental to the team overall. You have players under contract, you can have guys you can get, that may or may not be as good as Tee, but you will have them, cheaper, plus be able to invest where your biggest needs are, and with a franchise QB and WR, those positions should be back burners.

I don't know if I agree or not, but his argument sounded fairly solid.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - Destro - 02-13-2024, 10:10 PM