Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 03:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marvin Harrison in 2007: 20 catches, 247 yards, 1 TD
Marvin Harrison in 2008: 60 catches, 636 yards, 5 TDs

Colts 2007: 1-and-done
Colts 2008: 1-and-done

2009 when Harrison comes off the books? AFC Championship and Dallas Clark and 4th round rookie Austin Collie both put up career high in yards and 6th round 2nd year player Pierre Garcon breaks out.

I'm with 007 on this Caesar, 10% isn't particularly close. That's $26m according to what's projected to be the 2025 cap, which is a ton.

I dont think the stats argument has any merit whatsoever.  All three were paid to produce.  Burrow, Chase and Tee have all missed several games and their stats impacted.  

Also, they did win a Super Bowl, expecting them to be SB winners, or even very successful in the playoffs every season that all 3 are highly paid should not be a consideration either.

I do not find the 10% being that much of a difference maker when positions such as RB were paid much higher back then, and the WR position group salaries have exploded in today's game.   The entire premise of the debate was the question, has a QB and 2 highly paid WRs won a Super Bowl?  The Colts absolutely meet this criteria and the numbers are absolutely close enough percentage-wise when taking into account that the game has changed with the massive increase in WR contracts.

My argument is not that we should be paying all 3 massive contracts, simply that it has been done in the past with a Super Bowl win.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - casear2727 - 02-14-2024, 11:14 AM