Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 11:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think the stats argument has any merit whatsoever.  All three were paid to produce.  Burrow, Chase and Tee have all missed several games and their stats impacted.  

Also, they did win a Super Bowl, expecting them to be SB winners, or even very successful in the playoffs every season that all 3 are highly paid should not be a consideration either.

I do not find the 10% being that much of a difference maker when positions such as RB were paid much higher back then, and the WR position group salaries have exploded in today's game.   The entire premise of the debate was the question, has a QB and 2 highly paid WRs won a Super Bowl?  The Colts absolutely meet this criteria and the numbers are absolutely close enough percentage-wise when taking into account that the game has changed with the massive increase in WR contracts.

My argument is not that we should be paying all 3 massive contracts, simply that it has been done in the past with a Super Bowl win.

1. A highly paid trio has won a superbowl not long ago.

Stafford, Kupp and Allen Robinson accounted for 38% of the 2022 rams cash spend.

Let’s make this very simple: Cash is real money; cap is simply accounting.

Cash is what a player will actually receive in a contract. Cap is a mechanism of compliance, a way NFL teams account for a contract over the life of the deal.

2. Comparing old Reggie Wayne to in his prime tee higgins is silly.

3. This is the last year before burrows contract hampers us. Tagging tee is the right first move. Trading or keeping him is what the team needs to decide. A year of tee, with burrow in his prime, has value. Obviously trading him has value. Extending him has value. Letting him walk for nothing has no value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - Bengalbug - 02-14-2024, 01:09 PM