Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 08:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not that I don't like Tee Higgins, I just feel that investing into two high dollar WRs is not an efficient strategy for building a roster to maintain a championship level of play for any extended period of time.  When Indy went that route, it resulted in one Lombardi and a lot of broken heartedness at losing to the Patriots in a few AFCCGs...

I wouldn't have a huge issue with it if I felt Tee warranted the contract folks are talking about.  Like, if the Bengals traded for Justin Jefferson, I would be all for paying both him and Chase.

People get hung up on production, which is important, but lose sight of the impact a player has on the other team and their game plan.  As an example, Chase's rookie year, teams wanted to play single high, load the box, and come after Burrow.  The following year, teams were sitting with 2 high safeties all game because of the ridiculous number of TD bombs Chase came down with.  Mixon has had one of the highest %'s of carries against light boxes.  He can't do anything with them because he's washed up, but we can see how the defense is affected.   Higgins doesn't bring anything to the table that dramatically affects the defense.  That's why, Chase or not, I'm against paying him top end money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - Whatever - 02-14-2024, 01:52 PM