Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think Reds Will Be FUN To Watch In 2024
(02-14-2024, 02:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Corbin Burnes pitching for the Orioles will help the Reds this year. He always got hot in the 2nd half of the season and seemed to consistently keep the Brewers just out of the Reds reach. Having a wide open division is going to help keep this team interesting as long as they continue to improve. I expect some drop off by a player or two but these young guys need to seize this opportunity to play a full season and grow as players and as a team.

As far as starting pitchers and innings, let's hope that they emulate Abbott and learn how to properly nibble on the corners of the strike zone to keep their pitch count low. Too many 'Mahle-esque' efforts with 90 plus pitches after 4 innings. Abbott's arrival may be the biggest motivation that Greene has ever had. Everywhere that he's pitched, he was the ace. Not so, anymore.
I feel the same about Abbott. There are some out there that think Abbott is a prime candidate for regression and I don't think so at all. The guy just knows how to PITCH. Some pitchers just seem to "get it" when they get called up, and I feel like Abbott falls in that category. My bold prediction for this year is HE turns into the staff "ace / TOR arm" by season's end!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Reds Will Be FUN To Watch In 2024 - The D.O.Z. - 02-14-2024, 04:10 PM