Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 05:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am not trying to say anything of the sort.  

You guys are spiraling down into obtuse findings, like player stats and other absolutely non relevant items.

I was not referring to the Colts paying a RB, but AT THAT TIME, RBs were receiving much more then than they are today and the opposite is true of WRs.

I NEVER said 50% was the same as anything.  I posted the numbers exactly as Perotta stated them, as they are relatively close.

These weird attempts of taking the basic premise of the debate out of context is absurd and not necessary. 

This started as a simple question:  Has a very expensive QB and two WRs ever won a SB?

The answer is yes, multiple times.  Colts, Rams, Bucs

If you think ~20% of the cap and ~30% of the cap are "relatively close", then yes you are saying exactly that sort. Those are vastly different. 

You're just hand-waving away a top-30 paid player in the NFL's worth of difference. 

That 10% difference in 2025 is Logan Wilson + Alex Cappa + Germaine Pratt's contracts with us.... combined. That's not "relatively close".

- - - - - 

No it's not. 

Neither Stafford or Kupp were top-10 paid players at their positions in the NFL in 2021 (and the Rams traded for Stafford, so they didn't have to account for his signing bonus either). Robert Woods was technically the 10th but his contract was completely fake inflated numbers with $0 signing bonus and heavily backloaded. We're not getting Higgins or Chase to sign for $0 signing bonus and heavily backloaded so that we can cut them before we actually have to pay them, so that's not comparable either.

The Bucs, Tom Brady was middle-of-the-pack in QB pay (4-way tie for 14th) and Chris Godwin was still on his 3rd round rookie deal when they won the SB in '20.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - TheLeonardLeap - 02-14-2024, 06:34 PM