Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
(02-13-2024, 11:00 PM)pally Wrote: You know what is really funny about this "terrible" economy is how all these red state governors during their State of the state addresses are bragging about how well their states are doing economically like the overall federal economy had nothing to do with their state's successes

Please provide how the federal government has been the catalyst for economic success in red states. If they are, then why are blue states hemorrhaging money with all that federal help?

California has a massive deficit, but according to your assumptions, they should have a healthy surplus of cash.

I told my children a long time ago. It is not solely your income that helps you become wealthy, it is your budgeting skills to learn to live on whatever income you have. Then work hard and continue to manage your money well with a solid budget and great discipline as your income grows. Just because your income grows does not mean you have to grow your expenses. Never charge anything on a credit card you can't pay off in full at the end of the month.Invest in your vehicle's maintenance so the vehicle will last longer and have more value when you sell it or trade it in.

These are just some basic conservative principles I was taught by my parents who had 7 children and we lived in a 3 bedroom house my entire childhood. We were closer to lower class than middle class, but all of us felt like we had everything we needed. I got married very early in life, started my marriage in debt due to doctor and hospital bills. But, my wife and I worked hard, at times I worked 2 jobs or I had side jobs like being a football, basketball and soccer ref as well as an umpire in baseball.

I wish every person learned the importance of a balanced budget, understood patience and not leaving above their means. I think the US is the same day. The American dream is very much alive, but it takes persistence, hard work for many years and some cases decades, but it is alive.

I share my story not because I am better than anyone else. I am not smarter than most in this forum. In spite of my lack of education, I have been blessed by God to have a hard work ethic, I wish the leaders in all levels of government had learned and applied basic fiscal responsibility, if so our country would not be drowning in debt, both sides of the aisle are guilty.

We all need to help our leaders understand. Politicians use us as pawns. That have us fighting on party lines. The latest is the ask at first of 110 billion to fund 2 wars mostly, with a little bit of it 14 billion to improve the asylum process. All of us should be sending messages to our leaders to stop the spending, our budget can't afford it. But instead we line up against each other and the politicians get a free pass to waste our tax money.

Since we are in a hole it will be painful to dig out of it. But, if and when we decide tonot leave a heavy financial burden on our children and their children, it will be business as usual, government wasting money and placing blame on each other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term - Luvnit2 - 02-14-2024, 07:52 PM