Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 08:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jeez, WTF are you looking at?    

This was simply a reply to a question regarding a team having an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRS, this entire counter argument is not valid whatsoever. 

The 50% number you used earlier makes no sense to me, all of these replies by you and others comparing the playing ability of the receivers has ZERO to do with the conversation.

This isnt difficult, in Perotta's example he showed:

Year 1:  9.9% difference
Year 2: 9.15% difference
Year 3:  0.35% difference

These are similar enough to have the conversation.  If you want them to be within 1-2% every year that's on you and that's odd due to the changing emphasis of the cap and numerous other reasons over the last 17 years.  Some variance must be allowed.  

30 is 150% of 20. So that's a 50% increase. Math.

That's an enormous difference and it's not similar at all. You're just handwaving away an entire 1/10th of the salary cap.

The Bengals with JUST Joe Burrow on his current contract ($46.25m cap hit in 2025) and Ja'Marr Chase on his 5th year option ($21.67m) is ~$67.9m cap hit on a $260m projected cap. That already put them at 26.1% WITHOUT Tee Higgins. So I am not sure what Andre Perotta is getting for his numbers there, but regardless it already puts them ahead of the Colts even before Tee Higgins, so no, it's not similar enough.

I am not asking 1-2%, I never said 1-2% (that's your own addition) but you can't just hand wave away an entire 1/10th of the cap as being close enough. Even the 2025 Bengals vs the 2007 Colts are still more than 5% below.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - TheLeonardLeap - 02-14-2024, 08:28 PM