Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 08:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 30 is 150% of 20. So that's a 50% increase. Math.

That's an enormous difference and it's not similar at all. You're just handwaving away an entire 1/10th of the salary cap.

The Bengals with JUST Joe Burrow on his current contract ($46.25m cap hit in 2025) and Ja'Marr Chase on his 5th year option ($21.67m) is ~$67.9m cap hit on a $260m projected cap. That already put them at 26.1% WITHOUT Tee Higgins. So I am not sure what Andre Perotta is getting for his numbers there, but regardless it already puts them ahead of the Colts even before Tee Higgins, so no, it's not similar enough.

I am not asking 1-2%, I never said 1-2% (that's your own addition) but you can't just hand wave away an entire 1/10th of the cap as being close enough. Even the 2025 Bengals vs the 2007 Colts are still more than 5% below.

30 is 150% of 20.... what math are you talking about?    What is the 30? what is the 20?   

The comparison is 9% the first 2 years and dead on in year 3.  If you think that 9% is so horrific just say that, the rest of these comments make no sense, ie: Higgins vs "old" Wayne, and "contract structures and who we can cut"... like what does that matter?

1/10th of the cap.... OMG it is is not 1/100th of the cap. I cant just wave it away?  Why not?  BTW, I didnt, Perotta did, but it makes sense. 

It is beyond anally critical to think they should be within a couple percentage points when the entire premise is simply an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRs.  Why cant you grasp this?  

Perotta backs up his numbers in his tweets and he is waaay better than anyone one this site regarding the salary cap.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - casear2727 - 02-14-2024, 08:59 PM