Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead
(02-16-2024, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know.  Biden is accused of putting defending Ukraine above America itself, but he's the guy who is letting Putin walk all over him.  Meanwhile, the political party that is praising Putin and has a leader that is all for letting Putin do whatever he wants as long as there is some vague "they had it coming" caveat is apparently going the be the party that will kowtow the strongman they love into a state of peace.

I usually keep out of making serious statements about foreign policy, but this just doesn't add up to me.

Does the GOP praise Putin?  I'm rather confused by this odd conflation with having a problem with issuing Ukraine a blank check as being a Putin supporter.  As I asked someone in another thread, which they predictably refused to answer, does having issues with giving Israel a blank check equal support for Hamas?  Also, Trump does speak positively about Putin at times.  He also called Putin the biggest threat to Europe, exhorting European nations to spend more on defense to stand up to him.  He also warned them not to be reliant on Putin's natural gas for their heating purposes, making them vulnerable to Putin's blackmail.  Neither of these actions, both of which proved rather prescient, if predictable, indicate a love affair with Putin, an enabling of Putin or a cooperation with Putin.

At the end of the day, it all reeks of lazy labeling for political purposes.  Much like using inane, and meaningless, tropes like "weapons of war" this is another mindless repetition used to score political points.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-16-2024, 12:41 PM