Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead
(02-16-2024, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, you're gonna need to provide actual examples of this.  Not pundits saying things to generate buzz, actual politicians praising Putin and his invasion of Ukraine.

Again, I will never understand why you, and others, big up Trump statements into something they are not.  Trump said he wouldn't defend a NATO member that didn't meet their defense budget target as agreed.  This is not analogous to saying he'd let Putin invade NATO nations with impunity.  Is it a dumb thing to say, absolutely.  Does it give Putin the blank check you and others are stating it is, hell no.  I swear you guys are as hyperbolic as Trump when you react to him.  It's also completely at odds with the fact that Putin was quiet under Trump.  Annexed Crimea under Obama, invaded Ukraine under Biden, didn't do a damned thing under Trump.  Or is there some nebulous shadow accomplishment Putin achieved under Trump because Trump loves him so much he'll let him do whatever he wants?

I don't trust any of them, at all, Dem or GOP.  I do know what happened with Putin while Trump was POTUS, and what happened under the administrations that preceded and followed him.

Sorry, but it absolutely does.  The refusal to give Ukraine a blank check is consistently used around here to paint the GOP, as a whole, as pro-Putin.  Using the exact same logic the same must be said about Dems who don't ant to give Israel a blank check, i.e. they are pro-Hamas.  If you dislike this direct comparison then your issue is with the leftists who constantly enable this comparison with their statements.

Trump certainly enjoys the idea of the power Putin has in his own nation.  That I will not dispute.

This X 1000
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead - masonbengals fan - 02-16-2024, 02:33 PM