Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions
(02-17-2024, 04:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Correct, he made a lot of money, but guys like him that test so poorly very rarely work out at LT for even RT in the NFL.

The knock on this O-line for some time has been their lack of athleticism.  If Latham tests like Brown did, he's an easy pass for me.  But, who knows how he'll look when the combine rolls around.  I was defnitely not impressed with his game against Michigan, so that may scar me a little.

I expect Latham to test well and weigh in at a good weight at the Combine. If he does not, then I may start to have concern but

testing well likely means that he won't last until the Bengals pick at #18.

The Drama of the last play of the Michigan game may be what is sticking with people the most but it does not concern me.

The Alabama QB was running the ball, the Guard next to Latham pulls away from his man and Latham comes off of his man

sliding far left to engage the Michigan player that was over the Guard. That Michigan player had a good angle on Latham's left shoulder 

so Latham thinks he can hop backwards to get a better angle but when he does the Alabama QB steps into Latham's lower left leg area

just as Latham's feet reset causing Latham to fall backwards since the Michigan defender also re-engages Latham as Latham set his feet.

I think that Latham will be just fine in the NFL but we will all have to wait to find out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions - depthchart - 02-17-2024, 05:21 PM