Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon - Rumors He May Be Cut
(02-18-2024, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Joe Mixon was a really GOOD Bengal. Honestly, he was a key player & locker room guy on some really strong teams.... But he never came close to his ceiling as a running back. Out of college he looked elusive, big, strong, fast enough, had suddenness, great catcher of the ball, etc.... and then it never fully materialized into a monster weapon. Terrible O lines definitely hurt him, but something is missing dynamically. I've never seen such a big guy go down so quickly at contact or be so timidExplosivity is just not there, either. College Joe & Pro Joe look like different players to me.

His career in Cincy will go down as one of the most bewildering in club history due to the lack of production vs potential. I feel like if Joe were a chef he was handed premium ingredients to make a meal but ended up with something you would find at Fazolis.... Yeah, I'll eat it, but I'm not going to hype it up to my buddies.

Personally, I'm ready for the Bengals to go to these smaller, dynamic backs that can find yards quickly while being a threat in the passing game. There has to be a regular threat from the backs to take it for 15, 20, 30, etc on either a run or a pass. Chris Evans disappearance from regular play floored me. He looked to have all of that. Somewhere out there, Chris Evans is still apologizing for getting Frank Pollack's lunch order wrong or something.

https://youtu.be/haq1Av27JD4?si=tBcPUXJVYejj37z9

Calling this guy timid is really off. On Solomon Wilcot’s podcast last year about this time Zac said he punishes the secondary and by the fourth quarter he helps the passing game for Chase and Tee by wearing them down. He said you can see on film them shying away from him late in games. Mixon’s balance is his nemesis. Not his physicality. He’s lost his explosiveness as has some others like Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Joe Mixon - Rumors He May Be Cut - shuffle - 02-15-2024, 10:53 PM
RE: Joe Mixon - Rumors He May Be Cut - Soonerpeace - 02-18-2024, 12:56 PM