Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals had another good year as far as total penalties.
(02-20-2024, 04:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wouldn't know it from the gameday threads with how many games the refs rigged against us.   Ninja

- - - - - - -

Jokes aside I think you might be onto something with the less aggressive bit, or at least it can't be incredibly determinative on success....
-The top-10 in most penalties has the Cowboys, Browns, Texans, Bills, Packers, and Ravens all in the playoffs.
-The top-10 in least penalties had the Steelers in the playoffs.

Wonder if it's about straddling the line between not being afraid to be aggressive to try to make a play and getting a penalty versus not losing your composure and having dumb penalties. Always appreciated a good CB outright tackle of a WR when he know he's about to get burnt for a TD. Lol

Yeah I think there is defiantly a very fine line when it comes to playing aggressive due to the high speed of the game.  I feel this is especially true for defensive players who are very often a fraction of a second away from either making a great play or committing a penalty.   Of course a player doesn't want to be known as being overly aggressive or the refs will have them under a microscope every game.

But yeah there is playing hard and getting penalties and then there of course are knuckle heads making dumb penalties, shoving another player after a play out of frustration, getting in fights and stuff like that.  I'd have to look at the situations for many of the penalties and timing but outside of delay of game penalties, which I think should be avoided, I don't recall a lot of dumb penalties from the Bengals this year.  So again I still feel like that speaks highly of the coaching and the discipline of the players.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals had another good year as far as total penalties. - George Cantstandya - 02-20-2024, 05:49 PM