Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade
(02-21-2024, 12:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, you made a series of assumptions saying:

No, I made a mistake.  A mistake is not an assumption.  For example, you just made a mistake when you said I made an assumption.  You did not make an assumption when you said I made an assumption.

Quote:1) The person who drew first had the stolen weapon.  That is not in the article.

Actually, it is.

Mays was found wounded and taken to a hospital for treatment. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, Mays told detectives he started shooting because the others said “I’m going to get you,” the statement says.

“Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” Mays allegedly said, according to the probable cause statement. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”

A Glock 9mm handgun found on the ground near Mays contained six rounds in a 15-round capacity magazine, according to the documents. The firearm had been stolen in Kansas City, Missouri, the documents state.

Quote:2) That the person the stolen weapon was next to drew first.  That is not in the article.

Actually, it is.

Mays was found wounded and taken to a hospital for treatment. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, Mays told detectives he started shooting because the others said “I’m going to get you,” the statement says.

“Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” Mays allegedly said, according to the probable cause statement. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”

A Glock 9mm handgun found on the ground near Mays contained six rounds in a 15-round capacity magazine, according to the documents. The firearm had been stolen in Kansas City, Missouri, the documents state.

Quote:3) Seeming to imply that the gun that fired the fatal shot was probably stolen also. (At least it read that way: "I'm sure...")  Also not in the article.

Nope, that was where I made the mistake, not the assumption.  The Taurus, which was not identified as stolen, fired the fatal shot.  The Taurus fired by Miller.

Miller, who had a gunshot wound, was tackled and disarmed by a witness who saw him carrying a handgun, according to the statement. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, he said he was armed with a Taurus G3 9mm handgun and said he returned fire after he saw someone shooting at him, according to the statement.

A .38-caliber class bullet was recovered during an autopsy of Lopez-Galvan, and a ballistic comparison of the bullet determined it was fired from the Taurus weapon, according to the statement.

Quote:If we want the media to be "truthful" and get the facts right then we need to also be right when we cite them as sources versus when we post our own opinions without the stories/facts to back them up yet.

Oh my, this didn't age well for you.  You actually had me making a mistake.  Then in your rush to get me online you made numerous mistakes yourself.  Mistakes, not assumptions.  Thank you for not only making my error now seem trivial, but giving me a good laugh in the process.

Goodnight, sweet prince.Wub

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-21-2024, 01:22 AM