Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Defense - 4-3 or Nickel Base?
(02-21-2024, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Improved communication leads to being in the right spot at the right time to proactively make a play. They have drafted some tremendous athletes to restock the secondary, it's going to be really fun watching them come into their own this year.  I agree that every component of the defensive unit needs to be scrutinized, but there were easily understood reasons for many of the issues with defense last season.  On the DL, Hill and Hendrickson had career years in pass rushing, losing Reader and having Hubbard out and then back playing injured really did a number on the run defense when we needed it most.  As I explained previously, the LBs were in turmoil over what to do on many occasions, simply from not being sure of who had what covered behind them.

Yes, it's really easy to point at a stat sheet and say "we've got issues here", but the thing to do is look at the entire group and see where the problems were and decide if some things will take care of themselves or if personnel changes need to be made.  Right now, I'm counting on Hubbard coming back strong to play out his contract, that would leave Reader and Awuzie as the only starting players needing replaced.

So it was communication when Logan got beat to the edge by Mason Rudolph or was it lack of speed? Was it communication when Hill tackled Turner on an 80 yard touchdown pass or a terrible angle ? Was it miss communication when Dax missed two of the easiest Interceptions in the 2nd Browns game or poor ball skills?

Let's put it this way; our division has 4 excellent TEs getting a LB or big safety in free agency or via the draft thats capable of  covering TEs in man to man situations would be a nice addition to the roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Defense - 4-3 or Nickel Base? - J24 - 02-21-2024, 09:21 PM