Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions
(02-21-2024, 04:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you are tagging Higgins, then you are in "win now", mode.  If you are in "win now" mode, you don't spend your 2nd round pick on a guy who won't play much, in all likelihood, when you can get an immediate contributer at another position.  "You can't have enough good young CB's", is terrible justification.  You can't have enough good young players at any position. 

You don't mention resigning or replacing Trayveon, so what are folks supposed to think.  Though if you're resigning Williams after his non-existent offensive performances, then there's more than one issue.  

7th round picks are flyers, but you spend the flyer on a guy who actually has a chance to make the 53.  Why draft a guy and bring him through camp just to have him poached off waivers or the PS?

You hypothetically have Higgins for the year, though there is no guarantee he signs the FT, no guarantee he signs before the season starts, and the chances he signs to be here for TC is about nil.  Who knows what kind of shape he turns up in?  4th round picks don't even make it through their rookie deals half the time, much less evolve into week to week starters and you're banking on one that showed absolutely nothing last year filling that role.  
You are on a bender my man  come off the ledge, if you did not know I meant Jonah why go on about a non important player like Trayeon.. so you assume a tag of Tee means we are in win mode only?? Come on now why short side the reat of team...and yes in the league now CBs are one of most important positions and we have two vets are could be gone in next year ot two... please tell me last 7th  round puck that made a real impact....relax a bit and put your draft and player moves up there ...lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions - Essex Johnson - 02-21-2024, 09:56 PM