Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(02-21-2024, 08:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see that happening. Bengals need a starting NT to go next to BJ Hill, and Madubuike isn't that. That would/could have been Michael Pierce, but he re-signed with the Ravens back in early Jan.

I think if they bring in any interior pass rusher in FA, it will be as a rotational player only and be on the more budget-friendly side.
No one to get overly excited about.

Pierce was on my mind as well before I knew that. I love BJ Hill, but he has never shown a season like Madubuike just shown and we need 
push up the middle as a pass rushing DT and it is easier to find run stopping NT's in the Draft than pass rushing 3-tech's IMO.

(02-21-2024, 08:55 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya! I think he's coming off a career year. I get to watch most of the NFC South games here in the panhandle. He played at a high-level last season. Hell, I had him in the BFF league. I like him. He's a little older but still has a good 3 years left in the tank, imho.

I would like to add that I recently read an article stating that Arians would be prioritizing both Evans and Mayfield in free agency.

Evans has been great for his entire career, very underrated honestly.

(02-21-2024, 08:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: KC has 16 million in cap space for Jones, Sneed, LT, and RT. Lots of needs and not a lot of cash. If they want Jones, likely others will have to be cut to make it happen.

Yep, same with the Dolphins and even the Ravens, they all have little cap space. 

Christian Wilkins is also on my wish list if he gets on the market. Wilkins can play both NT and 3-tech. Versatility rocks.

(02-21-2024, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My only concern would be that he's been a hot weather team player for his entire career.  Are we sure that on the back end of his playing days that his body would hold up to playing in the AFCN?  We all have outdoor stadiums, sometimes very cold weeks sneak up sooner than expected.

Good point about Evans I haven't really thought of. Always played in Texas at A&M and Miami pretty much. Might not be able to handle
the cold and he is getting older. Still think he would be a good one to grab if he is available and we want to move on from Tee.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FA do you want if money did not matter? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2024, 12:47 AM