Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(02-22-2024, 01:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Madubuike wouldnt be signed to replace Reader.  He would be signed to replace Hill who is in the last year of his contract.  Madubuike could get snaps in Readers spot while Reader heals while also taking snaps at Hills spot when he is out of the game.  You also draft someone like Sweat as your future NT.

I would be shocked to see them put out two 3Ts outside of pure passing situations.
Hill can fill in for NT in a pinch, but neither guy is a stud at stuffing the run.
If you put Madubuike and Hill out there together, expect even worse run defense.
I can just hear the complaints now of how bad the team would do trying to stop the running games of the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers.

Now, one thing that is worth pointing out is BJ Hill only has $3.33 mill dead cap but a $10.83 mill cap hit.
If he's let go, that frees up $7.5 mill.

If the Bengals would be willing to do something like that and put that toward someone like Madubuike, I think that's more possible and likely for these coaches and front office.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FA do you want if money did not matter? - ochocincos - 02-22-2024, 10:45 AM