Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Defense - 4-3 or Nickel Base?
(02-22-2024, 10:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Communication is key, for sure.  But do you really think our defense let up all those plays due to communication? We have one singular great player on defense, it’s not enough.  Going back to the Original post, would a guy like Bobby Wagner help?  Would you swap Pratt for Bobby Wagner ?  Whatever it was last year, something was off.

I’ll ask it differently.  Who is the leader of the defense? Hendrickson could be that guy, but it’s just not.  Doesn’t seem like his personality, but I could be way off.

Btw, not trying to argue, it’s just a discussion.

I would swap last year's Pratt for last year's Wagner, but that isn't the question. It is this year's Pratt with this year's Wagner...

Move Pratt back to a 2 down LB and keep Logan Wilson as our 3 down LB'er WHO IS THE LEADER OF OUR DEFENSE.

Bring back ADG and Bailey while adding a cover LB in the Draft and we should be fine while the communication grows with our youth.

(02-23-2024, 11:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Wagner will be 34 years old.  We just extended Wilson and Pratt, I doubt they are even considering a starting level LB this offseason.  

I will say that when Pratt was a 2 down LB in 2022 his coverage grades were excellent, last year as a 3 down LB he dropped in every category.

Yes sir, we are young at LB, stay that way and work on improving around them while moving Pratt back to being a 2 down LB is the way.

(02-23-2024, 01:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Jordan Battle did really well as the big nickle (WLB) against Arizona, Baltimore, and San Francisco so I'd rather the Bengals go out and get a veteran safety to replace Nick Scott instead of a linebacker.

This as well. Replace Nick Scott with a good veteran Safety so we can use Dax's versatility.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Defense - 4-3 or Nickel Base? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-23-2024, 04:25 PM