Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-23-2024, 07:20 PM)phil413 Wrote: 1. Of course they want this reported.  They may genuinely want to keep him, but I'm sure his agent gets that Cincy will play hardball.  There's no reason not to have this idea floated to the public.

2.  The only long term deal that makes sense to me would be a shorter (3yr) frontloaded deal.  It would depend on Tee and his agent betting on Tee being able to land another big deal when he is 28 rather than hit the market at 29 or 30.  If his 3rd year is the lowest of the 3 it would belp balance Burrow and Chase's deals.  

We all want to go shopping now with all this extra money,  but maybe he gets 25M this year as opposed to 21.  I've been a tag and trade guy, but at some point offensive continuity and 3 years of Tee may actually be the right move.
Another point is if Tee has two great seasons back to back then his trade value would still be high going into the first year of Chase new deal!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - J24 - 02-23-2024, 07:59 PM