Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-24-2024, 12:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would gladly eat crow if I am proven wrong at the end of the 2024 season, but I just don't see this going well.

He's not going to love playing under tag, and he's prone to get dinged up every single year. His game is about out-physicaling defenders and he's going to want to stay healthy for a big payday in 2025 FA. Won't be shocked if we see a 2020 AJ Green/2022 Jessie Bates type season.

Agree completely. Especially if he knows he would have gotten a lengthy lucrative contract from another team, but forced to play under the tag with chance of a career ending injury happening on any play with no contract past the upcoming season. 

I see it differently than most. Believe he has proven himself worthy and deserves his payday. Either give it to him, or let him go get it by trading him if you know he can never be afforded. Don't believe the Bengals can afford to give him what he is worth without not re-signing Chase and don't see that happening. 

Bengals may be able to take what they get in trade and add it to their own 1st pick and move up for Harrison Jr or Bowers as well, or stay pat and use the extra pick or picks filling holes.
Can you imagine having Chase with Harrison Jr on a rookie contract together allowing money to be spent elsewhere ? Now were talking SB window back open wide.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official: Tee Higgins Franchise Tagged - Go Cards - 02-24-2024, 07:38 AM