Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-24-2024, 02:44 PM)tms Wrote: I don't know... I don't think this is true. He'll go anywhere that'll give him his number. The team that trades for him would presumably want to sign him long-term, and he'll cooperate to get that done asap. Players hate playing on a tag. That's all I know. NFL careers are too short to play hardball. They much prefer long-term security. 

Yeah since the non exclusive tag other teams negotiate, it could be helpful for both sides to see what money is actually out there today.  The Bengals don't want to negotiate against themselves, and they already sort of practice this when they let UFAs "find their market" though in this case the tag protects them.  Tee's agent must know the danger of having another injury filled year, so in this case yes he may not play hardball.  If another team blows away what Cincy is willing to offer, they'll have to pony up on the picks to get him.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - phil413 - 02-24-2024, 04:08 PM