Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does probable Tee tag change our draft thinking
I think we all knew Tee getting tagged was only a matter of time. I think there are significant hurdles to getting Tee signed long term and assume the franchise tag most likely means Tee is only going to be a Bengal for one more year. For that reason, I'd love a tag and trade since our history isn't the greatest with players performing well on the tag but I'm guessing that wont happen. To me though, it doesn't change that much in our approach to the draft. We do not have to find our future #2 WR this year (as Tee will be the #2 this season wether he struggles or not) but if a great opportunity arises then you'd be stupid not to take advantage of it. I personally think Oline and DT are priorities over WR, that said this is a strong WR class and that means a wideout could be best available in any given round. In that situation, I'd be more than happy to lock up our replacement. I do however think Burrow can elevate more average WR's and don't think an elite #2 WR is nearly as important as a starting RT or a pass rushing DT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does probable Tee tag change our draft thinking - WhoDeyK - 02-24-2024, 09:29 PM