Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
(01-03-2016, 09:37 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 1. I think you're ignoring the difference in sample size, 2. the difference in competition (McCarron has faced 2 of the top-7 defenses in his 3 starts), and the difference in experience.

3. QBs get sacked less often as they gain experience (unless your name is Kolb or Krieg), QBs get better at decision-making as they gain experience, and it's a common refrain to hear "the game slows down" as they gain experience.

4. Of course McCarron isn't leading the offense like Dalton, Dalton has started 70+ more games than McCarron in the NFL.  Dalton has been throwing to these WRs and passing behind this OL for years.

5. I'm absolutely shocked at how so many Bengals fans can't appreciate having a QB come into a potentially disastrous situation and lead the team to a 2-1 record in his starts with the only loss an overtime game at the difficult environment of Mile High and the likely #1 seed in the AFC.

6. A bunch of complaints and people throwing shade on the guy when all things considered, I doubt there are many backup QBs in the NFL who could have come in and done the same.

1. It was said that McCarron is performing at the same level as Dalton, so "sample size" is irrelevant. McCarron is not performing at Dalton's level. That's my only point.

2. Ok, he's faced Denver. Who is the other top 7 defense? The Ravens were 10th going into today. Maybe McCarron helped them get to 7th?

3. See #1.

4. See #1.

5. I think McCarron has done a fine job, for a backup. I appreciate having him on my team. I'm simply addressing someone's opinion that McCarron is playing as well as Dalton. It's no insult to say McCarron isn't playing to the level of an MVP candidate.

6. See #5. It's not "shade" to point out reality. McCarron is doing a good job for a backup, but the difference between he and Dalton is pretty clear.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-03-2016, 09:50 PM