Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions Regarding our 3rd LB Spot
(02-26-2024, 05:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One would have to think that if they are as good as they/we think they are, they want to go somewhere they'll get a lot more playing time.

2023 defensive snaps for the backup LBs:
ADG - 99 snaps (12%)
Bailey - 29 snaps (3%)
Bachie - 10 snaps (1%)

Pratt's sub-$7 mill APY contract lends itself to justify moving him back to a 2-down LB role, but was part of him willing to re-sign for that amount because he was told/guaranteed to get to be a 3-down LB as long as he's healthy?

An alternative is actually cutting/trading him, as he would free up a good amount of the cap and very little dead cap remaining.
Bengals could repurpose a portion of that money toward Bailey, ADG, and/or another LB to give them more playing time, maybe even moving away from the nickel defense and go back to more traditional base 4-3. Although I would see that being more situational only playing against a run-heavy team like the divisional opponents.

As long as Pratt is still in CIN and the Bengals continue to prefer running a 2-LB scheme, I don't see much reason a veteran would want to sign with CIN unless they didn't have any other option(s) on the table.

Nice post Ochocincos. Yeah, I am actually open to trading Pratt now, we gave him his shot at 3-down LB and he disappointed big time.

At the very least we need for him to go back to being a 2-down LB and if he isn't happy with that we should think about trading him or even 
cutting him if he keeps up the poor play. Offensive players are onto his hold up and strip methods that now just give the Offense much more 
yards, not a good habit he has acquired. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Questions Regarding our 3rd LB Spot - jj22 - 02-14-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: Questions Regarding our 3rd LB Spot - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-26-2024, 05:40 PM