Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-26-2024, 12:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hear me out. If we trade Tee it has to be to move up to get a great WR? Right? Most of those teams need a WR so why not keep their pick and draft one? Like many I think the Bengals will do with Higgins just like Bates but I think we have a chance to re-sign him.

Why didn't teams not trade for Carson Palmer and just select one in the draft ? Why did the Rams coach or owner wear a shirt that said F@#% those draft picks right after winning the SB ? Everybody has different blueprints to success and somebody will trade for Tee out of 31 teams imho. 

Also we have to keep up with KC to even get back. They've bolstered their Defense significantly while the Bengals has gotten worse and am certain they will bolster their WR room this offseason negating our edge there. 

Signing Tee means the Bengals may not be able to get back and believe it is the wrong move. But you're right everything points to the signing. Once again I am a big fan of Tee. 

And no the Bengals do not have to use the traded picks for a WR trade up, just my dream scenario. There will be a good WR available at 18 like the Ravens got in Flowers that would pair nicely with Chase and could use the picks elsewhere. But most importantly it gives Bengals $20 million more to spend in FA on top of the draft picks. Win/Win in my book.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Go Cards - 02-27-2024, 08:00 AM