Poll: Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & Bengals take WR Malik Nabors
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take WR Rome Odunze
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take TE Brock Bowers
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take Joe Alt or another Top Tackle
Trade TEE & pick #18 to Titans for pick #7 & take another player at pick #7 you will name in a Post
Just Trade TEE straight up for Titans 2nd round pick #38 & 4th round pick (worth 520 + 80 points)
I would NOT trade TEE for any of these options & keep him as a Bengal for at least the 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
(02-27-2024, 05:44 PM)spazz70 Wrote: This is confusing...is Tee a WR1?  If so then only should be traded straight up for a 1st round pick.  If not then we should not be trying to resign as one or trade as one.  I do not even like the FT being placed as this shows that he is valued as a WR1 and his agent is probably viewing that way also.

The best outcome is to tag and trade in my opinion but not under value if he is viewed as a WR1.  I thought the transition tag was the best option so we could see what the market value would be.  

As far as the poll I did not choose but exchanging picks and Tee would not be my preferred plan.   Straight up for a 1st round pick...preferably higher than our current pick.

There is no benefit to using the transition tag for Tee.  If another team offered Tee a contract and the Bengals didnt match it, Tee walks and the Bengals get nothing.  If the Bengals did match the offer, the Bengals would be stuck with Tee on a contract some other team gave him.  The Bengals then wouldnt have the option to trade him for a couple of years because it would in all likelihood be too much of a dead cap hit.

The transition tag would have worked better in a situation like Jessie Bates last year.  See what other teams want to give him and decide if you want to match the offer.  If you dont want to match, Bates leaves like he would have done in free agency.  The big difference is nobody is trading you a 1st round pick for Bates like they would for Tee.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ? - 007BengalsFan - 02-27-2024, 06:30 PM