Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-27-2024, 03:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If they believe Higgins has no chance of  signing long term then I’d assume they’d be more aggressive in free agency. Definitely need to address DT in free agency with Hill being the only serviceable DT on the roster. Assuming they sign a quality DT and maybe a mid level vet  RT I could possible see them going WR at 18 if there’s a big tackle run. A guy like Brain Thomas Jr. could fill the Boyd role this year help you win short term and long term soften the Higgins loss next year. Not saying go WR just know how the OT run goes and the DT class isn’t deep Thomas might be BPA at 18.

Brian Thomas Jr is 6'4" and pretty much the same build as Tee and he is faster than both Tee and Boyd and should be there at 18.

As much as I would like a DT, Newton is coming off a injury and Murphy most likely will be gone. Taking Sweat at 18 seems a bit of a reach 
at this time. Fuaga and Latham are more heavy handed, powerful physical Tackles but both could be gone for all we know too. Have to keep 
our minds open to a WR like Brian Thomas Jr.

(02-27-2024, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you just re-sign Awuzie and push CB to '25 or '26. Last thing you need to do is add even more young DBs back there right now and Awuzie should be better >12 months removed from his ACL.

I like that thought a lot TLL. Bring back Chido so we have some experience besides CTB, we are really young in the Secondary already.

(02-27-2024, 05:27 PM)pulses Wrote: They will draft a RB before the 5th round. Mixon could be gone and Travyeon is prob not coming back and Evans could be gone since he doesn't play anyway.

For damn sure we need a RB in this Draft, at least 1. Love Tyrone Tracy, Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Kimani Vidal etc.

There are a lot of good RB's in this Draft as you know Pulses and it would be nice to get younger and cheaper at the position and maybe 
even find a special one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-27-2024, 07:43 PM