Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke and Zac Press Conferences
(02-27-2024, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: First up Duke

quotes per Charlie Goldsmith of the Enquirer

spending:"You've got to be really judicious with your money and determine what's needed and what's just wanted. It's a finite pie."
"We want to keep as many good players as we can, but there are always hard decisions to make."

Joe Burrow: rehab going well.  He's at the facility a great deal

Tee: He's a good player who we think makes us better.  Won't respond to hypotheticals

Sam Hubbard: powered through a "dramatic" injury.  Extremely versatile, one of the best

Myles Murphy: growing up and they are excited about his progession over the last season

Joe Mixon: "In terms of predicting anyone's role going forward, I'm not going to do that on the podium. Those are roster building strategies and things we're talking through with every player."

TE: time to end the revolving door.  They want a pass catcher and blocker bonus if they can do both.  Gotta be Joe approved

DJ Reader: conversations are happening.  He's in the building every day rehabbing which is going well

Dax Hill: versatile player moving to CB is an option

RT: looking for a long term solution whether it be a young guy or a youngish veteran

Thanks for this, pally. 

My $0.02: 

Higgins: We won't rule out a trade, but it is really gonna have to be a win for us. Equal value or close to it means he stays. 

RT: so much for my stopgap/vet options (Smith & Brown). Agree that we could be in on Eluemunor or Onwenu. If it is the latter, Rd1 opens up. Or it could mean we draft someone. If the FA investment is significant, I do not see a Rd1 pick. 

Hubbard/Murphy: we think we are just fine at DE. I'd take that iff the board entirely in FA/draft. 

Reader: a good chance he is back. And on a fair deal. Rehab going well. This makes me happy. 

TE: glad to hear they want to end the revolving door. Valuing receiving more than blocking is par for us. Comments lead to believe drafting a TE is very much on the table: R1 Bowers, Rd2 Sanders, Rd3 Stover/Sinnott, Rd3-4 Johnson. But Schultz might also fit the bill. 

Hill: the comments about moving to CB suggest S is on the table more than CB, which surprises me a bit. Given the earlier tidbit about CB looking like a priority at the combine. It is a deep FA S class and that could create good value. And I do think Hill is better closer to the line or matched up with TEs. 

Mixon: that sounds ominous. I have been steadfast that Joe stays. But that has even me wondering. Though it could be pressure to renegotiate (again).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-27-2024, 05:55 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-27-2024, 06:22 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-27-2024, 08:11 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-27-2024, 11:04 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-27-2024, 07:59 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-28-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Nepa - 02-28-2024, 12:43 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-28-2024, 01:23 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-29-2024, 03:00 PM