Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-27-2024, 10:14 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s definitely different shades of thought. LA went all in and won a SB. It cost them a few years but they won. Buffalo went all in failed and they are screwed. The Bengals need to definitely not turn away any suitors for Tee. But I don’t think anybody wants to take on his salary and rather go FA or the draft. They need to score in the draft. Whatever they’ve got to do they need to get better there.

On this we can certainly agree.

Will add that some teams have lots of cap space and have to spend money to get to the floor. Others are in cap hell and could not even consider the move. Some teams may think they are a solid WR away from making a run and would rather take a sure thing than use their twenty something pick on one that may not be ready to be a #1 WR out of the gate and view Tee as a #1 more ready. All teams are in different situations. 

Luckily if Bengals trade they will only need to find a #2 WR to replace and much easier to find with Chase drawing all the double coverage, which also inflates Tee's #'s somewhat. Guess that may be a give and take per Tee gets less targets because of Chase as well. Wasted breath lol.

Personally I would trade Tee and try to trade up for LSU WR Malik Nabers who should have a good rapport with Burrow and Chase already. Would also grab a RB, TE or both in draft in 2nd or 3rd round, even if Mixon is kept. 

Then use the extra cap money added this year, plus the 20 million saved from Chase and buy a RT and a DT like Justin Madubuike.

But do get they probably will not see it the way I do and it is much harder to pull trigger when you have a personal relationship with the player. Yet it is a business. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Go Cards - 02-27-2024, 09:49 PM