Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-27-2024, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we want to sign Tee long term, it is just his agent is asking too much for a top #2 WR. He isn't a #1 yet and to act like he is simply
non realistic especially with his injury history on top of it. I agree with others that we won't be able to trade up far enough to get Bowers 
and especially Harrison, but Malik Nabors is more of a possibility and it is also true that teams like proven players sometimes more than 
unknown draft picks rightfully so.

The thing with us is we need to put our money into the trenches and Chase right now and get cheaper at the skill positions. Trading Tee,
cutting Mixon and adding another talented Draft pick at WR and RB are ways to go about this.

We can add 1 DT, 1 RT in FA and open up the Draft while trading Tee and still adding a WR and another DT and RT, this is very possible.

All great points, we need to bolster our Defense more than anything and if that means moving on from Tee, so be it. Love the guy, but his
agent is clearly a punk. The good thing is if we really want to put said punk agent in his place we can Tag Tee two years in a row if we want
to, the Bengals have the upper hand here and if I was Tee I would just take the multi year contract that the Bengals have offered if it is fair.

I have heard rumblings about the contract offered as I think most on here have and it is about the same as the Tag but longer term.

Nice post, we are in a lot better position than the Rams at this point with our youth at QB, WR and the fact we have a lot of Cap space.

As much as I would like to trade Tee and upgrade other positions, namely the DT spot, getting a SB win with Tee would be ideal, love the guy
and he grew up a Bengals fan. We can still upgrade DT and RT and stay young while keeping Tee on the Tag this year. There are ways.

agree as usual
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Go Cards - 02-27-2024, 10:04 PM