Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-28-2024, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's the best way to make sure you draft a bust.  I would prefer to go into the draft with no glaring holes.  We have the money to add a RT, DT and another starter if we want.

If that's the case, then you force yourself to take a guy that plays a specific position.  If sign a stud RT, do you still go OT in the draft?  

I would love for a guy to come in and take the starting job away, but I'm glad we don't have to rely on rookies like we used to.

TE
CB
NT
RT
LG
RB
P
WR

Good luck filling all those needs before the draft. There are good teams who draft starters in the first round, it's not some way to make sure you draft a bust. It's not an unreasonable expectation/hope that your first round pick can both play the majority of the snaps and not suck. It's not like we are picking 28th or 31st.

We literally just relied on Chase to take us to the SB his rookie year in '21. We've only done worse since, so I don't understand where the idea came from that we are so good we don't need rookies anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine. - TheLeonardLeap - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM