Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-28-2024, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's the best way to make sure you draft a bust.  I would prefer to go into the draft with no glaring holes.  We have the money to add a RT, DT and another starter if we want.

If that's the case, then you force yourself to take a guy that plays a specific position.  If sign a stud RT, do you still go OT in the draft?  

I would love for a guy to come in and take the starting job away, but I'm glad we don't have to rely on rookies like we used to.

On flip side burning $$ on FAs has not worked out always for teams either plus it can strap you down the road on signing your own drafted players to second contracts..you have to have a balance, it seems most FAs are signing for 3 years on average so we can't have a revolving door especially at a position where you need 5 starters. Cappa contract is till 2025 and Karras in 2024,Brown we do have for 3 more seasons.

I would like to lock in on a quality OT with #18 pick that will be here for 7 to 10 years... Im ok signing a buffer OT for 1 to 2 that can be a good backup if needed to fill in especially since we are very thin with depth at OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine. - Essex Johnson - 02-28-2024, 05:39 PM