Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does probable Tee tag change our draft thinking
(02-28-2024, 07:13 PM)pulses Wrote: Thomas has a limited route tree....he mostly ran verticals and drags....gonna have to work on the complete route tree to be as good as HIggins or better.

That shouldn't really be an issue for a WR2 in the NFL.  His job is to make a play when WR1 is getting doubled or the play breaks down he needs to come back to the QB.  People seem to forget that Tee Higgins was drafted to replace AJ Green.  Tee played WR1 his rookie year and caught for just over 900 yards.  All of the fanbase went apeshit that we needed Jamarr Chase.  It happened and Tee slid over to WR2, where his job got a hell of a lot easier, considering that Chase draws double coverage on the bulk of plays.  

An argument that could be made is that Tee is perhaps overrated, due to the luxury of playing opposite of Jamarr Chase.  For the team to feel that they need to invest $22M in a WR2 is just absurd to my way of thinking.  Playing opposite of Jamarr Chase, a LOT of rookies or even lower cost veterans could perform very well at a much lower cost.

Brian Thomas wouldn't have to be as good at Tee Higgins to fill the role, he'd just have to not be a complete bust.  And based upon the physical talents that I've viewed him display, I doubt that would happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does probable Tee tag change our draft thinking - SunsetBengal - 02-28-2024, 07:27 PM