Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(02-28-2024, 06:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With you on this too. Believe if Bengals bolster the D-line the secondary is going to be just fine. Just need another elite pass rusher to go with Trey. Of course that is easier said than done, would have to either strike gold in draft, or trade Tee and buy a top notch player imo.  

Really think they should bring Chido back as well per he should be affordable and has a huge upside if he gets back up to speed. Which it looked like he was getting it back at the seasons ending. 

Yes sir Go Cards, as usual we are on the same page. As long as we get a DT and a RT in FA I would be fine with adding another pass 
rusher as well early in the Draft, I do like Verse the End from FSU. Bring back Chido, bring in Leonard Williams, Onwenu in FA and starting 
out the Draft with Verse, Adonai Mitchell for the O and Ruke Orhorhoro sure would be a great way to improve our Defense.

RB will also be on our minds, especially if we cut Mixon. There are lots of good RB's in this Draft and we need at least one in this one 
which is exciting for me, I love scouting RB film. Wink

(02-28-2024, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Murphy looks like he could develop into that guy.  Need to get him up to par with Hubbard's run defense before he's ready to roll as a 3 down guy, but perhaps Murphy can be a consistent situational pass rush guy this season?

(02-28-2024, 07:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree Murphy came on strong

Yeah, Murphy could be that elite Edge we have been missing to pair with Trey and it wouldn't surprise me. He has so much talent 
with his athleticism, strength and his versatility. What was holding him back was he was raw and had no moves and relied on just
being a superior athlete in college and being a man amongst boys. But he gained some moves as the season went on, he should 
be much more effective this season.

He was already a good run stopper when he got here which is why I really liked the pick in the first place. I think he could be as 
good of a run stopper as Sam, I know that is saying something as Sam when healthy is one of the best run stopping Edge's in the
NFL but Murphy takes good angles and is very hard to block with his strength and discipline against the run. He can seal the edge
honestly better than Trey already against the run.

Nothing wrong with adding more pass rushers though, but we might want to think more about the inside pass rush this Offseason
with Murphy actually showing some good stuff as a rookie. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2024, 07:46 PM