Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-29-2024, 04:23 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, if not for Brown falling in our laps we wouldn't have a long term starter in place.  A rookie RT on the roster makes too much sense due to class depth. They said they want a long term one, but that doesn't preclude them from signing a bridge at least as you can't plan around a rookie starting. 

A solid goal is getting  the board darling Eluemunor for 2yrs, fixing the DL and getting a fringe FS and TE.  I think it's possible.  Then when the BPA is a guy like Fuaga or you deal back for Mims or Guyton you have options.  Move Eluemunor back to guard or the rookie. That gives you a legit 3rd T and competition for Volson. 
Yeah because i'm pretty sure we all know Volson isn't the answer at LG and no matter how many times you hear one of the coaches brag him up they know he isn't the answer either. I think signing someone like Geno Stone and Eluemunor at RT and then someone like Schultz at TE and then a cheap DT who can stop the run ( Bilal Nichols) don't think they'll get any of the elite DT's on the market but they might surprise us. I think we'll resign Reader on the cheap as well. I think we should cut Mixon and Scott too. This makes our draft wide open.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine. - pulses - 02-29-2024, 05:06 AM