Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade out of the 1st Simulation
Do not freak out yet just be open minded and remember this is a simulation to be considered with an open mind. I did not consider this situation until I was running a simulation that had the 4 most considered prospects for the Bengals off of the boards at #18:

B. Bowers - 6th selection
T. Fuaga - 10th selection
J.C. Latham - 13th selection
J. Newton - 16th selection.

Obviously, trading that far back is a big jump and one to not be taken lightly. First of all it is going to require an ideal situation to present itself which it did with the Panthers not having a first round selection and in dire need of adding legit weapons for Bryce Young. The Panthers presented a trade that gave the Bengals the following selections:

2-33
3-65
4-102
6-165

According to the draft trade calculator this equaled out to the Panthers giving up a low second round selection to (62.4 points above the value of the 18th selection) to move up into the first round. The Bengals accepted this trade and the Panthers used it to add Brian Thomas Jr. as a weapon for their young QB. What it did for the Bengals was to give them, what I consider to be, and outstanding draft that helped them build substantially for the future.

The Draft:

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trade out of the 1st Simulation - OSUfan - 02-29-2024, 02:33 PM