Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(02-29-2024, 03:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Very definitive conclusion that you have reached here. At to near ZERO chance of a TEE Trade.

I see more than a near ZERO chance of TEE being Traded (say maybe up to a 25% chance)

Duke is human and chances are that he is at least listening to offers and considering a Trade as an option.

As a GM, Duke's landscape will be changing going forward with more Money headed Burrow and Chase's way.

Tougher decisions will come more often going forward and Duke is going to have to become more creative.

The Bengals may be prepared to just pay TEE (at least in 2024) but TEE brings financial pressures now that Duke

at least has to ponder. He may just juggle some Trade options in his head while he ponders (as any Human being would)

I mean, I'm not saying there is a zero percent chance, but it is Jim Carey/Jeff Daniels territory. 

You do not look at it from OUR side. We are trying to win a SB. We think we are a contender. We value the established guy over the rook who may or may not pan out. Plus, you want Burrow going into a season where WR2, WR3, AND TE are all new guys? It is bad enough having 2 newbies, you want another? 

It would need to be a WAAAY lopsided trade for us. Like Herschel Walker or Ditka/Rickey Williams level lopsided. 

Fair (low first/high second) won't get it done. We have the space atm. So, yeah, Duke will answer the phone. It is his job to answer the phone.

I think a tag next year is also likely. But Jefferson could be available also, so ...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-29-2024, 04:09 PM