Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(02-29-2024, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: Rolling in 20 million for the year doesn't seem like siding with the rich to me. Yeah he could suffer catastrophic injury on the tag, but he more than likely won't. Tee Higgins has never made close to that figure and it sets him for life... Well it sets a wise man up for life.

Then people turn around and call Tee's agent a jerk or punk because he goes hard for his client. To me that's siding with the ultra rich owners.

$20 million is a boatload of cash. But not for an NFL star that only has few year window to get their money. By giving him $20 million dollars for a year and blocking his $100 million dollar contract which will not only set a wise man up for life, it will set generations of his family up for life. Plus to add insult to him, Chase will probably receive his longterm contract this year while Tee does not. A player drafted after you gets his cake while you only get a slice. That should sit real well. 

More than likely he won't suffer a catastrophic injury but that does not change the fact that there is a chance. It could even be a car wreck that was a drunks fault and none of his own, or anything. 

If I told you that you could have $20 million for 1 year, or $100 million over 4 years now, but you could stay pat now for one year with your life as is and still get the $100 a year later if your production does not drop at work and are you're physically in the same shape next year. Are you willing to gamble the $80 million sure thing extra to keep the band together. Must remember if not signed the team will kick you to the curb after a year and is only using you with no loyalty for you for $5 million less a year and no longterm commitment. 

Agree that siding with with greedy agents is is going against the employee. At that time it becomes business though and you have to decide if the agent is breaking the bank and causing catastrophic damage to the team by making it suffer elsewhere. It is a very fine line and why we all have different opinions and sparks debate.

As I've said before, the only question to me is, can the Bengals sign or not ? If not move him and get some kind of return and insure he does not go to a division rival. 

If the Bengals decide to use him as a rental, it will be a lot tougher to replace him without the extra draft pick next year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine - Go Cards - 03-01-2024, 07:45 AM