Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine.
(02-27-2024, 02:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No surprise at all in terms of the #1 pick.

People need to come to grips with the fact Tee is gonna be here this year (and likely next). Thus, with Chase & Higgins in the bag, we are not likely to spend big draft capital on a WR,,despite WR3 being open. We can address that Day 2.

FA will obviously impact the draft in a big way. I am hoping it takes DT off the table at #18 (though I do like Murphy & Newton). But bringing Reader back + 1 of Madubuike, Wilkins, or L. Williams would mean we really only need a Reader stopgap/Tupou upgrade/Tupou. That would not merit #18.

Landing Townsend would settle P. Though the kid from Iowa is fine for me, starting in Rd 5.

For me, at #18:

1. RT: Fuaga, Latham, Guyton
2. DT: Murphy, Newton
3. CB: Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean
4. OT Trade down: Mims, Morris.

Bowers sitting there would change the thinking, but only if we land an OT stopgap in FA. And maybe not then. But I think it is pretty unlikely he makes it to #18.

I saw a list compiled of 1st Round TE's over the past X years.

Some were busts. Many were traded.

It appears that most of the top TE's go outside the 1st Round.

Not saying Bowers couldn't be different. Georgia has a pretty loaded team too. That helps some players look good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft priorities heading into NFL Combine. - THE PISTONS - 03-01-2024, 12:26 PM