Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(03-01-2024, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It depends. His agent supposedly wants around $25-26 million a year AAV.

The tag amount next year could be around $26 million.

But, I tend to think they'd trade him rather than tag him twice, then lose him for little.

Tee would be guaranteed to make over 26 million next year if tagged again.  The NFL has a rule that if you tag a player twice, the second year is at 120% of the first tag.  Since the WR tag this year is 21.816 million.  Tee would make at least 26.179 million next year.

If the Bengals really though Tee was worth over 26 million, why wouldnt they just sign him to a long term contract for the 26 million a year?  Thats what I dont understand about some saying the Bengals would/could tag him again next season.  If they planned on paying him at 26 million wouldnt the Bengals have already signed him to a contract at 26 million?   That makes no sense to me.  Tee wants 25-26 million but the Bengals dont want to sign him at that price but they will turn around next year and pay him the 26 million they could have signed him on a long term contract to begin with?

I tend to agree, I think they would trade Tee instead of tagging him twice or else they would have already signed him to a contract at the 26 million.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine - 007BengalsFan - 03-01-2024, 02:56 PM