Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread
(03-02-2024, 08:13 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Valid points, but I just don't foresee them letting both of their OTs hit free agency in the same off-season. Brown, yes. He's almost certainly out due to attitude and age probably. But a versatile, young, still-ascending offensive lineman in a league starving for quality offensive line play? They'll overpay if they have to, and sell him on "new coach, culture change" and "the grass isn't always greener elsewhere". I would almost bet my house on it I'm so sure of it.

I would LOVE to have him, and hope I'm wrong. But we've seen this song and dance too many times before to put ANY eggs into that basket!

Don't get me wrong, I think it is extremely unlikely. More than Jim Carey "So you are saying there's a chance?" level, but not by a lot. He is sans agent ATM, though. If there is no deal by Tuesday, and Dugger isn't signed yet either, which guy would you tag? Would the answer change if one guy told you he'd prefer to play elsewhere? 

Speaking of elsewhere: 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2024/3/2/24088515/dallas-cowboys-free-agent-tyron-smith-reportedly-unlikely-return-2024-draft-offensive-tackle

Given his age and the fact he has been mostly a LT, and the fact he will want a bag, I doubt it happens. But if you want a 1-2 year bridge whilest your raw OT guy develops, that is a good as it gets right there. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-02-2024, 08:43 PM