Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(03-04-2024, 11:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think this is overblown. 

Look, in the ZT era, they have drafted 2 OL in the first 3 rounds. Williams Rd1 in 2019 and Carman in Rd2 in 2021. All the rest are Rd4 or below. You cannot expect much out of those guys. 

Williams was not a star. He was a "safe" pick & played like it. Injured year 1 (we should stop doing that). Graded out 70+ i  the first two years. Gutted through leg injury Y3 and grade suffered. Switched to RT and was OK. Someone is gonna pay him $15 mil in FA. That is not a bust. 

Carman is, however. Another guy with injury issues. And not a great work ethic. We tried to convert him to G. Then move him to RT. Did have some good play in the POs at LT, but he appears a LT only guy. Rumored to be an owner/former coach inspired pick. 

Jordan was a 4th, cost Joe his rookie year. 

Adeniji a 6th. What you'd expect from a 6th. 

Smith was a 4th and always a project. 

Volson was a 4th. More successful T to G conversion. Struggles with twists has something to do with it. 

All of those guys were OTs in college save Jordan. 

It is not a stellar record, but the Rd1 busts we all have PTSD over (Price, Ogbuehi) were Marvin. 

With this upcoming draft class being considered one of the best for OL in quite a long time, I would hope they recognize that and not worry so much about getting a good one if they don't land one in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - ochocincos - 03-04-2024, 11:58 AM