Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
(03-05-2024, 11:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon is in the same boat as Saquon Barkley & Derrick Henry. Running backs aren’t getting the big bucks. It’s why Philly is moving on from Swift. His pay cut had nothing to do with leadership. But thanks for playing Go Cards.

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-s-leadership-style-on-display-as-bengals-offensive-line-bonds
The playing is not over and that is not a trump card you played. 

It is odd that I can not say a thing negative about Mixon without the Sooner Calvary charging in on me. It's borderline harassment, but I enjoy it so please don't stop. Although certainly you're smart enough to realize neither will change our stance and it is pointless. You will always think he hung the moon and I will always see him as a punk with merely above average talent at best with high mileage to boot.  

Still could have extended him after the pay cut if all you shared were true or get a nice haul in trade.  True leaders and great players don't grow on trees. 

Agree with the rest of the league that RB's shouldn't be paid the big bucks in a salary capped system per they're the easiest players to replace with rookies. It was a mistake to give him his big contract to begin with and if the money were spent elsewhere the Bengals may have won the SB. 

As I've said before, this year does not really matter per believing he will go hard with no garaunteed future contract. Plus he is tugging on the end of his rope as a Bengal anyway. Have tolerated him for 7 years and can suffer thru an 8th season if need be, been a Bengals fan long enough have tougher skin than that even if I disagree and think it is time to move on.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !

Messages In This Thread