Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-06-2024, 01:14 PM)tms Wrote: Sorry if it's been discussed already but there's one question that keeps gnawing away at me:

Would you still draft a WR high (say, somewhere in the first three rounds) if you knew Tee was coming back to play on the tag? So in effect, draft a guy to stash for a year?

I honestly don't know. Seems like a missed opportunity no matter how you look at it. Draft a guy this year and you prevent yourself from addressing an actual need that could help you win the SB right away. Don't draft a guy (from this relatively strong WR class) and you may regret that in a year, when you wont have the same cap flex to fill that hole through free agency. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

What would you do? Confused

I would draft a receiver, either way.  The talent pool is deep, the team needs to recognize this and not get left out, like they did with TE last draft.  Besides, what if Tee does stay and play on the tag?  He lost significant time with a pair of injuries last season, still need to have a talent in waiting for when that moment arises.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - SunsetBengal - 03-06-2024, 02:39 PM