Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-06-2024, 09:20 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: If the Bengals take a wideout at 18 I'm burning all my gear!

Well, that would be stupid as a future replacement for Tee and Boyd is needed and we are pretty good at drafting WR's and we are 
pretty terrible at drafting OL. I would never burn my Bengal gear, but it would be a massive mistake to overpay Tee and forget about
the trenches in Free Agency. Of course I am for taking OL or DT at 18, but getting a cheap WR with just as much upside is Tee after
having a good FA addressing OL and DT would be a good move, don't know what you are talking about.

(03-06-2024, 02:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You'd be mad at them drafting one of the only few positions they seem to be good at in recent years?

If you can get a near-quality replacement in the draft for a very expensive player and can thus turn around use that saved money toward other positions, you should do it.
Bengals offense is very friendly for WR production and this WR class is pretty good.
I think the Bengals should have no issue finding a WR who can put up ~1000 yards in place of Higgins.
Heck, they might just plan to take a WR and not even trade Higgins given they have run a majority of 11 personnel these past few years.
Then, if/when Higgins leaves, they still have a good WR to become the new 2nd passing option.

Damn rights Ochocincos. I don't understand a Bengal fan burning his gear for us replacing talent that will be leaving.

Tee would of signed an extension already if he was going to be here long term.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2024, 03:00 PM